Sunday, August 24, 2014

(g)Hat 2014


Hat Island was, as usual, super fun...

Alex showed up on his big sailboat -- this is his tender for the big one -- and this little thing rules. He showed me how to sail and then let me loose for a half-hour or so. It ruled. I shall procure one for Lake Roosevelt. Verily.

Clearly, it's a workboat too. 

My crab goal every year is to eat enough crab at Hat to make me sick of it for a year. Betsy made some excellent crab cakes and Z made some crab and avocado sushi rolls that were the bomb, but my favorite way with crab is right out of the shell: no butter no nothing. 

This is a picture of me taking a picture of Betsy taking a picture of Alex taking a picture of the sun.

As for pictures: this is Best of Show. 

I don't have a picture of Gina: but this is her. No one, and I mean no one, jams out a fresh fruit pie like Gina. On the left: Hat Island Blackberry. On the right: Hat Island Apple. The blackberries were perfectly tart and Gina showed the perfect restraint with sugar'ing them... Genius.

Evening jam session. 

No comments:

Post a Comment